Cases: Epson XP-240 Printer 2 red lights flashing alternately error
Epson XP-240 2 red lights blinking error
– When press start, the Epson XP-240 is not turned on.
– After enabling the Epson XP-240, it appeared two red lights flashing alternately of ink and paper icon.
– Photo description of Epson XP-240 red lights blinking error:
– For printers having an LCD, there will be an error message as shown below:
Epson XP-240 red lights blinking reflects on computer
– Setting printing command for Epson XP-240 printer but cannot print and notice one of the error: Service Required
– Parts inside printer end service life, waste ink pad counter overflow error. – “Printer near end service life” or “printer end of service life” – “Parts inside printer near end service life” or “parts inside printer end of service life”
– If you use WIC software to check the amount of waste ink, you will see the error as below:
- This Counter Has Reached Its Limit And Need To Be Reset. Ink Pads Are Full. - This Counter Has Reached Maximum And Will Need Reset Before The Printer Can Used Again.
Reasons cause Epson XP-240 having 2 red lights blinking error
– During printing, when completed one printing job, the printhead will automatically clean to “smooth the printing head”, as well as making the printhead to provided sufficient amount of ink to the printer to make the most beautiful and sharpest prints.
– During head cleaning cycle it dispels ink from its nozzles and tubes down a waste pipe into an absorbent pad, these pad are contained in a tray (under printhead) which is called Waste Ink Tank, also known as the waste ink tray. The waste ink tray has its sponge to saturate the ink pad, which prevent the waste ink from flowing out to other parts of the printer, avoid soiling the machine or electronic circuit fire.
– If you print a lot, the amount of waste ink under the printhead will be filled over time, when the waste ink tray is full, we must replace new Waste Ink Tank, if not, the Printer will not print and there will be a 2 red lights flashing alternately error==> the main reasons is here.
– According to the manufacturer’s capacity, Waste Ink Tank is big or small -> this decides the number of prints more or less. Usually, if printed text (5% ink coverage), the machine will print 3,000 -> 4,000 pages (printhead cleaning a few times), and if prints (ink coverage of 20% – 40%), the machine only prints 600 -> 1,600 pages (printhead cleaning several times) is filled with the waste ink tray.
How to Fix Epson XP-240 2 red lights flashing Error
1. Replace Epson XP-240’s Waste Ink Tank
– The cost to replace new Waste Ink Tank: $50 – $80
– Manufacturer: Epson.
– Usability: Quite difficult to remove and reinsert the Waste Ink Tank for people who are unfamiliar with printer repairing.
2. Reset waste ink Epson XP-240 by WIC Software
– Free Download WIC Software For Windows: Download
– Free Download WIC Software For MAC: Download
– WIC Software operates based on its Key and Key price for each is $8.68, always available, very easy to purchase ==> The most optimal solution.
– Place of Sale: PrinterKeys.com
– Usability: Very easy to use, so everyone can use it.
About WIC Software
– Software Name: Waste Ink Pad Reset
– Publisher: PrinterKeys.com
– Version: V.3.75.90
– Language: English
– Size: 3 Mb – 9 Mb.
– File format: .exe, .zip, .dmg
– Compatible Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS.
– Compatible Printers: Epson XP-240.
Free key for Epson XP-240
– Video of how to use Free Key for Epson XP-240:
– This Key (trial) used Free condition: Epson XP-240 printer is newly used and has never been reset before, nobody uses at the same time.
– Free Key (trial) only works once only for each printer. Waste toner will be reset to 90%.
– With Free Key (trial), we can only print a few copies!
– We should buy Key to print any more by click Buy Key Now button :
How To Reset Epson XP-240 By WIC Software
How To Reset Epson XP-240 (Photos)
1. Connect computer to the Internet.
2. Connect printer to computer using a USB cable.
3. Remove the entire print job, it is best to turn the printer off and on again, wait for printer to be in 2 red lights flashing alternately error status.
4. Unzip Ink Pad Reset Software and place it on Desktop.
5. Open the program named Waste_Ink_Pad.exe
6. Click the Read Waste Counters to check the status of the waste ink counter (as well as to compare the situation before and after the counter using WIC Software).
– The software will check and give the results as shown below:
7. After the test, we start to reset waste ink by click Reset Waste counters button.
8. At this point the software will ask us to enter Key (Key is automatically sent to the email after payment at the link at the bottom of this article). We enter Key and select OK.
9. Wait for 20s – 30s, the software will give us request to turn off the printer and turn on again to complete the process of eliminating waste ink counter.
10. Check waste ink after reset back to 0%:
How To Reset Epson XP-240 (Video)
Note to reset Epson XP-240
– Disable antivirus, firewall before reset.
– The computer connected to the Internet must be in good condition (internet is not flickering).
– Do not connect the printer to a computer using wifi or network share to reset.
– Each Key can reset the printer to print 3.000 – 4.000 pages with 5% ink coverage (regular text print). However, with the color prints which are always ink coverage of 20% – 40%, the number of color pages after each reset by Key can only gain 600-1.600 pages.
– When the reset is complete, you should not clean printhead many times, as this will make the counter increased -> number of color pages will decrease.
– However, the color pages must be pretty sharp, so in this case we need a really clean printhead sweep.
– Each reset Keys can only be used one time and for one printer, if you want to use for the next time or the other printers, you have to buy new Key.