Reset fix Samsung CLP-680ND is firmware which was re-build by a specialized publishing company. It can reset permanently page counter of Samsung CLP-680ND printer.
Price for download firmware Samsung CLP-680ND : $90 USD
When Samsung CLP-680ND needs to be reset:
- Samsung CLP-680ND displays messages: red light blinking, imprinting.
- Computer’s messages: empty toner, Replace toner, install toner, end of life replace new cart , toner cartridge is not installed, Install the cartridge, toner exhausted.
Solution to fix Samsung CLP-680ND with toner error:
1. Change new toner cartridge:
- Samsung CLP-680ND’s toner cartridge (Samsung CLT-C508S, CLT-M508S, CLT-Y508S, CLT-K508S) costs $65 – $70 depending on its supplier and manufacturer.
- Changing toner cartridge seems to be suboptimal because when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner cartridge => money wasting
2. Change new toner chip:
- Samsung CLP-680ND’s toner chip costs $5 - $20 depending on its supplier.
- Changing toner chips seems to be more optimal but when printer runs out of toner, we also need to change new toner chip.
3. Reset Samsung CLP-680ND by using software:
- Samsung CLP-680ND’s reset software costs $90 USD => money saving
- Reset software automatically impacts to printer firmware so printer ignores paper counter. Therefore, there is not necessary to change toner chip, you just refill toner when it runs out.
Samsung CLP-680ND reset software introduction:
- Product name: Samsung CLP-680ND reset software.
- Compatible printer: Samsung CLP-680ND.
- Compatible versions: 47f.
Notes before resetting Samsung CLP-680ND:
- Identify accurate version, serial and crum of Samsung CLP-680ND printer.
- Printer’s Driver is installed on computer.
- Check the connection between computer and printer to make sure it works well.
- Toner chip located over the cartridge is removed or covered by tapes.
- Remove connection gates such as USB gate, LPT gate from computer (Except for printer, keyboard, mouse).
- Make sure the electric power works well during soft-ware running process (you should use UPS for printer and computer to prevent them from loosing electric power).
When you are running firmware, do not install the manufacturer’s firmware because this firmware is displacement. If you are wrong in one of those beyond rules, your printer can be meet faulty problems and can not be recovered to the original status.
How to reset Samsung CLP-680ND Printer:
1. Connect computer to printer by usb cable.
2. Turn printer on and wait until it is ready for working.
3. Run “download.bat”(or drag and drop *.hd file to usbprns2.exe file) file on computer.
4. “download.bat” file program will automatically run printer’s firmware. After automatic set up process, printer will be restarted by itself.
5. Restart printer one more time -> print test page